Crewman Flight Harness
Emergco’s Crewman Flight Harness is a personnel-carrying device system (PCDS) created specifically for aerial applications to provide maximum strength, comfort, durability, and ease of use. The harness provides superior weight distribution due to its unique design and full support leg straps, resulting in the first harness to combine the security of a full body harness with the comfort of a seat harness.
For fixed load line operations (short-haul or Emergco’s HETS™), hoisting, or rappel operations, the harness has a main mid-sternum tri-link connection point.
The Crewman Flight Harness is available with a number of options, including tactical black, integrated Personal Flotation Device, Lite version with no gear loops, rear and side attachment points, and a variety of accessories to assist in specialty operations.
- Certified under Transport Canada STC SH98-35; meets all OHSA and NFPA standards for a full body harness
- One Size Fits All: adjusters on the arm, leg, and waist straps allow the harness to be adjusted to any size
- Available on special order with quick-release adjusting buckles on the leg straps
- Can be used with an inflatable personal floatation device (PFD) that connects to the harness using quick-connect fasteners (available separately)
Materials & Fixtures
- Heavy-duty outer shell with laminated pack cloth, closed cell foam sandwiched in between
- MIL-W-4088 nylon webbing main load-bearing straps
- Corrosion-Resistant Stainless Steel front tri-link connector
- 316 stainless steel D-rings
- Gear loops on chest straps
- Weight: 4 lb (1.8 kg)
- Max Rated Load: 600 lbs (270 kg)
- Service life: Up to 10 years from manufacture date.
|Component||Description||Material||Minimum Break Strength|
|Fabric Cover||Yellow (standard) or Black (tactical) cover||1000 denier Cordura and air mesh nylon liner||N/A|
|Main Load-Bearing Straps||Webbing||MIL-W-4088 Nylon Webbing||6,000 lbs (2,700 kg)|
|Chest Straps||Webbing||MIL-W-4088 Nylon Webbing||4,000 lbs (1,820 kg)|
|Gear Loops||Webbing||820N Nylon Webbing||250 lbs (114 kg)|
|Adjusters||–||Aluminum/Stainless Steel||2,250 lbs* (1,023 kg*)|
|MAX RATED LOAD FOR CREWMAN FLIGHT HARNESS IS 600 lbs (270 kg)|
*based on breaking strength of webbing in adjuster